BISHTA - The British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association
Having a hot tub as part of a holiday accommodation package is becoming more of a requirement, than an optional extra, as holiday makers have become more aware of the proven lifestyle and health benefits of exercise and hydrotherapy. The interest in hot tubs has grown rapidly and they have become a very popular internet search term, so investing in them should assist you to increase your bookings and therefore your revenue!
It is important to get the right equipment and then to have the correct water hygiene management and maintenance regimes in place. Poor quality products can wreak havoc with your business and will not only inconvenience your customers, but could potentially be a court case waiting to happen!
Equally important, is to know your responsibilities for looking after the equipment and having copies of important industry publications, such as HSE/HPA's 'Management of Spa Pools: Controlling the risks of infection and the HSE L8 ACOP. There is also a relevant British Standard on Risk Assessments to comply with (BS 8580). Rather than having to look for the information from a variety of sources, the best place to access this type of information is through BISHTA.
BISHTA - the British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association has members that are part of the Trade Association recognised by the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) and the relevant Health Protection Agencies.
BISHTA was established in 2001 to "Promote Safe Spa Water" and ensure that companies engaged in the display, sale, rental, use of hot tubs, are properly trained in water hygiene management and understand the importance of maintaining these standards throughout the product life.
BISHTA has a world renowned team of experts on hand to offer support and answer questions.
The benefits of being a BISHTA member are:
- Up to date, regular expert advice and guidance on hot tub operation, including in business settings
- Liaison with HSE and Public Health Officials
- Practical assistance in interpreting microbiological results and liaising with EHO's
- Use of the BISHTA logo
- Your own listing on the BISHTA website to promote your business - www.bishta.co.uk
- Free copy of the BISHTA Standards for spas and hot tubs
- Discounted rates for training in water hygiene management and also the handling and transport of chemicals to comply with the dangerous goods legislation
- Sample documentation
- Regular e-newsletter and free industry publications
- Dedicated business insurance service at special member rates from a specialist broker
The most suitable membership category is likely to be Associate Membership. Typically, this membership category is for holiday parks and similar leisure venues that have chalets, or lodges, each with a hot tub onsite, for use exclusively as part of the holiday package.
Membership can start from as little as £107.50 + VAT per annum.
Visit the BISHTA website at www.bishta.co.uk or you can email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01264 356211 to make your application.
Stand Number: 1342